- Open the data “ch8_cps” on Rstudio
- How many variable, number of observaPons, and dummy variables do we have?
- Run a regression of ahe on age, what is the model and what is the predicted equaPon
- What is the effect of age on ahe?
- Provide the scaUer plot and the fiUed regression line.
- Run a non-linear cubic regression of ahe on age (meaning run ahe on age, age squared,
and age cubic. )
- Write down the model and the predicted equaPon for part 6.
- Looking at the significance of the cubic term in regression part 6, do you prefer this
model (cubic) or would you go with a quadraPc model? Or even a linear model?
- Provide/add the fiUed curve of regression part 6 on the scaUer plot (you did in part 5).
- Run a mulPple regression of ahe over age, age squared, age cubic, female, yrseduc. (all
in 1 regression). Which coefficients are significant? why?
- What is the RSquared of regression you run in part 11? What does this number mean?