1. Why is HDL considered the good cholesterol?
2. Explain the role inflammation has in the development of atherosclerosis
3. A 53-year-old male with a history of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) presents to the ER with complains of sharp retro sternal chest pain that worsens with deep breathing. Diagnosis reveals Pleural friction rub and acute pericarditis.
A. What does a physician Assistant recognized as the result of the pleural friction rub?
4. An adolescent with complain of swollen lymph nodes, abdominal pain, temp 102F, and arthralgias for about 2 weeks, at the ER was given Tamiflu but the Tamiflu seems not to work and complain of high pitched onset, sore throat with reddened, cervical lymphadenopathy and tonsils 3+ without exudate. Rapid strep was positive. The Patient was diagnosed with acute rheumatic hear disease
A. Explain how positive strep test has cause the patients symptoms.
5. A 76-year-old obese patient who is 31 hours post op hip replacement complain of nausea and vomiting, dry mucus membrane, and unable to go for physical therapy. Physical exam reveals a swollen red colored calf and left leg tightness. Ultrasound reveal deep venous thrombosis (DVT)
A. Describe the factors that could have contributed to DVT
B. Explain how each factor cause DVT
6. A patient was sent home 10days ago s/p partial small bowel resection for crohns disease, she sudden start experiencing Shortness of breath, blood pressure 80/40, oxygen level 89% on room air, the physician suspect massive pulmonary embolus, while waiting for EMS to arrive the physician assistant place an EKG on the patient which reveals Right Ventricular Strain
A. Explain why large pulmonary embolus interferes with oxygenation
B. Explain why large pulmonary embolus causes right ventricular strain
7. Explain early asthmatic responses and the cells responsible for the responses
8. Explain late asthmatic responses and the cells responsible for the reactions
9. A 56-year-old female with history of smoking was diagnosed with emphysema. She as the physician if this means COPD.
A. Explain the pathophysiology of emphysema and how it relates to COPD
B. Explain the pathophysiology of chronic bronchitis and how it relates to COPD
10. A 60 year old patient with COPD has lost 7% of body weight during his doctor visit , patient admits to missing some meals and stated the meals take too much work to cook and prepare.
A. Explain why patient with COPD are at risk for malnutrition
11. What is pathologic process that can causes patient with pneumonia to have low oxygenation/hypoxia level
ANSWER SHOULD BE IN 3 TO 4 SENTENCE FOR EACH QUESTION.