Literature Review Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate your ability to formulate a SIGNIFICANT Clinical question and to summarize, critique, and synthesize current research. This assignment will be a review of the literature directly related to the topic or problem under questioning, followed by an explanation of how your clinical question gets answered out of that review. The purpose of the literature review is to know what others have discovered before you begin your investigation of your own, in order to establish a foundation for the topic (or question) being reviewed. In addition, you will be considering the clinical application of this research to professional nursing practice. This Literature Review will be based upon your individual clinical interest. Each student will choose a problem faced by clients in your practice area that you think is important and would like to learn more about (You may use the topic of your final EBP group paper). Students will turn in a 3-4page literature review paper (excluding cover page and references) on the standing knowledge of the chosen question. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to complete an online literature search on a topic of interest. You will locate, retrieved and summarize at least eight (8) research studies that research articles, which meet the following criteria:
- Original research studies preferably published from 2013 to the present.
- At least six of the eight studies should be quantitative research.
- Two studies may be qualitative (but this is not a requirement).
- You may also use systematic reviews, metanalysis or clinical practice guidelines.
Make sure that in your paper address the scope of the problem. Including, what is that you are trying to achieve (purpose). In addition, include a description of search strategy you used, including search terms and databases that help you retrieve the material. This assignment should be preparatory work for your practice improvement paper and poster presentation. Follow APA style rules.Outline for writing your literature review: (see Presentation How to write an EBP paper)
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to complete an outline literature search on a topic of interest. This assignment is preparatory work and practice for your EBP Quality Improvement Group paper and poster.
- Choose a problem faced by clients in your practice area that you think is important and would like to learn more about.
- You may use your PICOT questions.
- Write a five (5) page literature review paper on the standing knowledge of the chosen question.
- Include a minimum of five (5) journal articles, at least three (3) from nursing journals.