Write Short Essay: 3-page essay clearly defining your own professional code of ethics: this means your actual code of ethics that you actually live out, not an idealized, abstract code of ethics in general. Make at least 2 direct quotations of Chapter 2 in The Nature of Suffering and the Goals of Nursing; and 3 direct quotation references to the Code of Ethics for Nurses (2015), noting examples of how your actual practice of ethical decision making differs from, or exemplifies (or both if you can) the official Code. And give at least one specific story example from your work in health care (or your life experience) where your stance was challenged, or formed, or affirmed (or some combo of challenged, formed, and affirmed).
Writing guidelines for all Week Essays:
- The essay must be of the required length according to the assignment, posted as a Word Document.
- Your grammar and spelling must be correct and will be graded accordingly.
- Number the pages in lower right corner.
- Typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, 8.5”x11” page size, one-inch margins.
- Block quotes of more than 4 lines are single-spaced and indented (No more than a total of 12 lines of block quotes are allowed in these very brief essays).
- Never use a title page. Use a single-line heading: Your Name. Week 4, 9, 14, FINALS Week. Title.
- Include only include one space between single line heading and essay
- Use parenthetical in-text citations in this format: (Peters, Ch3, p45) or (Peters, Ch3, Loc.900). If you stick with that same source for the very next citation, use this format (Ch4, p67) or (Ch4, Loc.1020). Only include a full bibliographic reference at the end of your assignment if you refer to a source not included in the required readings for this course.