The PMC corporate safety officer, Sid Johnson, is visiting the region prior to the visit of CEO Les Walker. Mr. Johnson has requested a complete risk analysis of the top three risk projects in the region. The regional safety manager met with the SLA operations manager to select the top three risk projects. The Argentina Copper Mine Dos, ATT Chile Fiber Optics project, and the Catamarca Bridge projects were selected for analysis.
For this Assignment, read Part 4 “Trouble hits the SLA Region: Managing Risks in Project Portfolios” of the PMC Corporation Case Study. Prepare a 3- to 4-page paper that addresses these items:
- Assess the risk of each of the three projects mentioned above.
- Document the results in a risk register.
- Explain how the risk assessment of the three projects impacts the overall risk exposure of the portfolio.
- Make recommendations to manage risk based on your assessment of the total project portfolio risk.
- Prepare a summary of the risk exposure of the project portfolio for the SLA region.