Read the following 2 brief articles and then use the guiding questions below to provide direction for your paper. Make sure to properly cite all sources that you use.
- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/17/business/executive-pay-still-climbing-despite-a-shareholder-din.html?pagewanted=all (Links to an external site.)
- This is a copy of the letter that the Executive Director of the Drucker Institute submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission in support of Section 953(b) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which would require public companies to disclose the salary ratio between their executives and front-line employees.
- http://thedx.druckerinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SECcomment.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Based on what you have learned in this course and in reading the 2 articles above:
- Do you feel as though the current state of executive compensation is justified? Why, or why not?
- How do you think the financial transparency advocated for in the Drucker Institute letter would affect the decision of prospective investors? How might it affect the rank-and-file employees within the organization?
- WWJD – What Would Jesus Do?
- As a Christian, how does your faith affect your view on this matter? Can you think of a specific bible verse or passage that supports your viewpoint?