1. Inside Work: Writing about Arguments – page 61. Complete the assignment by choosing a text, advertisement, or webpage. Follow the instructions and answer all the questions. BE SURE to pick something that makes a claim and isn’t simply informative or entertaining.
- Include the text you chose to analyze along with your answers.
- Title this section “Argument.”
2. Inside Work: Constructing Thesis Statements – page 64. Complete the assignment writing two (2) thesis statements.
- Title this section “Thesis.”
3. Inside Work: Analyzing Audience Expectations – page 67. Complete the assignment following the instructions – answering the questions.
- Title this section “Audience.”
4. Insider Example: Professional analysis of an advertisement – page 70. After reading, answer the discussion questions on page 73.
5. Insider Example: Student analysis of an advertisement – page 74. After reading, answer the discussion questions on page 78-79.
- Title these sections “Prof. Analysis” and “Student Analysis” respectively.