English homework help.
The purpose of this assignment is to review some basic concepts in literary analysis of the Bible and to encourage review of the stories in Exodus. These questions pertain to Exodus only. When answering the questions, be sure to refer to the chapters and verses of the passages you mention. Keep your answers brief—do not retell stories. Definitions must be in your own words, not copied verbatim from a source.
- Identify two specific threats against Moses’s life in the early chapters of Exodus, before he is called by God. 2 points
- Identify three forms that God takes in theophanies in Exodus. 3 points
- What does the name “Yahweh” mean, according to Exodus? 1 point
- Give an example of a charter myth from Exodus. 1 point
- Give an example of a covenant in Exodus. 1 point
- Give two examples of the way Exodus makes the Egyptians look dangerous. 2 points
- Give two examples of the way Exodus makes the Egyptians look foolish. 2 points
- How does the story of the crossing of the Red Sea recall the creation story in Genesis 1? Be specific. 1 point
- Give an example of a law that God gives to ensure the protection of vulnerable members of society. 1 point