- Freedom Writers. (Links to an external site.)
- Dead Poet’s Society (Links to an external site.).
- Lean On Me (Links to an external site.).
- Stand And Deliver (Links to an external site.).
Then answer the following questions:
- Summarize the movie you selected to watch and discuss ways in which the teacher motivated his/her students. Using Chapter 8 of our text, describe the motivational theory employed for each of the strategies you listed.
- How did satisfying Maslow’s hierarchy of needs impact student learning in your selected movie?
- How did the teacher in your selected movie display characteristics of a humanistic teacher? Be specific by providing examples and connecting your response to the text.
- Describe the ideal learning environment for you and explain how it will increase your motivation and ability to learn. What obstacles would hinder the creation of your ideal learning environment?
- LeFrançois, G. R. (2018). Psychology for teaching (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
- Chapter Seven: Memory and Individualized Instruction
- Chapter Eight: Humanistic Education and Motivation
- Education Elements. (2012). The fundamentals of blended learning (Links to an external site.) [Video file] Retrieved from http://vimeopro.com/edelements/education-elements/video/29536658
- Khan, S. [edutopia]. (2012, December 18th). Salman Khan describes future classrooms with blended learning. (Links to an external site.) [Video file].
Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyOv7PiC40&feature=youtu.be