The constitutional rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights are most highly protected during the trial stage of a criminal proceeding. This is when the adversarial process, which characterizes the U.S. criminal justice process, is at its peak.
Analyze and evaluate the steps which brought the individual to trial beginning with the arrest phase of the process.
Write a 4- to 6-page paper in which you:
- Summarize the events leading up to the arrest and identify and discuss the four elements of the arrest related to this case.
- Identify the four requirements for search and seizure with a warrant and describe how the search and seizure process was carried out for this case.
- Explain the various aspects of the plain view doctrine and describe how this is relevant to this case.
- Compare and contrast the various means of identifying suspects and describe the process used in this case.
- Summarize the basic constitutional rights of the accused during trial.
- Use at least five quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.