Business & Finance homework help. London School of Commerce Malta
MODULE TITLE: Financial Analysis Management & Enterprise – FAME
PROGRAMME: MBA – Full time
MODULE PERIOD: February – March 2020
Lecturer setting the Assessment: Stephen Fenech – firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR THE ASSESSMENT TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED:
20th February 2020 at 23:59(Malta Time)
Online via turnitin,
ASSESSMENT TYPE: 3000 Words Assignment Report
1. Your question is in 2 parts, as follows:
Daimler and Tesla are today classified as two of the major players in the automotive industry. Your assignment is to carry out a detailed comparison between these two companies as specified below. The following are the links to the mentioned company’s annual reports. These reports include all the required information to complete the tasks
1. Daimler (https://www.daimler.com/downloads/en/)
2. Tesla (http://ir.tesla.com/financial-information/quarterly-results)
Specifically you have been asked to undertake the following:
1. Critically compare and contrast the financial performance and financial position of the two listed companies (Daimler and Tesla) over the last FOUR years, (2015 – 2018). This should be done by using the respective tools including ratio analysis, together with vertical and horizontal analysis. The purpose of this task is to identify their financial strengths and weaknesses together with a conclusion highlighting the strongest company based on financial grounds.
|2. Critically analyse the cash position of both companies over the same period of time, and write a brief report commenting on your findings.
· Your reports and briefing paper should be clearly and logically structured in whatever format appears to be the most suitable for supporting the analysis, arguments, conclusions and recommendations. Locate the ratio calculations in an appendix and only present the actual ratios in the body of the report.
· Key points of the comparative analysis may be summarised as a bulleted list to optimise the use of your words.
· Tables, graphs and charts are a convenient way of organising your findings and presenting data. They also make it easier for the end user of your report (and the marker) to understand your findings and so you are recommended to use visual aids where appropriate.
|3. Assessment Requirements:|
|· The submission of your work assessment should be organised and clearly structured.
· Maximum word length allowed is 3000 words, excluding words in Charts & Tables and in the Appendixes section of your report.
· Student is required to submit a type-written document in Microsoft Word format with Times New Roman font type, size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
· This assignment is worth 50% of the final assessment of the module.
· Indicate any sources of information and literature review by including all the necessary citations and references adopting the Harvard Referencing System.
- Marking Scheme:
||Word Limit||Marks (%)|
|Evaluation of the financial performance and financial position of Daimler and Tesla.||2000||60|
|Evaluation of Cashflow position of both companies.||1000||30|
|5. Learning Outcomes tested in this assignment|
Upon successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
|6. Notes on Plagiarism|
Plagiarism is passing off the work of others as your own. This constitutes academic theft and is a serious matter that is penalized in assignment marking.
Plagiarism is the submission of an item of assessment containing elements of work produced by another person(s) in such a way that it could be assumed to be the student’s own work. Examples of plagiarism are:
|7. Harvard Referencing|
|The structure of a citation under the Harvard referencing system is the author’s surname, year of publication, and page number or range, in parentheses, as follows:
In giving the city of publication, an internationally well-known city (such as London, The Hague, or New York) is referenced as the city alone. If the city is not internationally well known, the country (or state and country if in the U.S.) are given.