The Department of Defense plans to issue a $1,000,000 government contract to a company that specializes in the manufacturing of drone navigation systems. As a result, a government auditor has been contacted to examine the operational data VectorCal and your company in order to decide which company should win the government contract.
Note: You may create and/or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
- In order to complete this assignment, refer to Assignment 1 where you discussed VectorCal and your company.
- You may use the Government Policies Regarding Profit and Preferred Measure and Processing of Equitable Adjustments Case Analysis [DOCX] to assist you with formatting and completing the paper.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Create a 1-page overview of the history of VectorCal and Universal Drones Inc., the companies competing for the government contract.
- The government is deciding on which contact type it will offer. Discuss firm fixed-price and cost reimbursement contracts and what the preferred preference would be for each company when the government decides on a type. Justify the response.
- The government decided that it will offer a firm-fixed price contract for this project. Discuss the expenses in detail for each company. The following should be included in these costs:
- Direct Costs.
- Indirect Costs.
- Direct Costs.
- Suggest which company should be awarded this government contract based on the data that was presented for each company. Next, provide three to five reasons to support your stance.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- The Strayer University Library is a good source for quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Recommend a company for a government contract award based on history and cost considerations related to production.