Applied Sciences homework help.
Nutrition, Body Composition Labs, and Flexibility Labs
View an introduction to the Assignment. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
Unit Outcome addressed in this Assignment:
- Identify strategies for effective weight management.
Course Outcomes assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
EF205-4: Discuss energy metabolism and activity related changes.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
For 1 day, record each item you eat and drink and how much of it (e.g., cups, ounces, or tablespoons). Set up an account on SparkPeople. Once you have logged in, go to My Trackers – My Nutrition and enter your 1-day food intake. After inputting all of your items for 1 day (including snacks), access your “Daily Nutrition Feedback.”
- Summarize your findings from your Daily Nutrition Feedback. Be sure to discuss the nutrients within range of your goals and out of your range and discuss goals for improvement to your caloric intake.
- Include a screenshot of your Daily Nutrition Feedback report for 1 day.
Complete the following body composition and flexibility labs.
- BMI calculator
- Waist to height ratio calculator
- Waist to hip ratio
- Sit and reach flexibility at home
In a minimum 2-page APA-formatted informative paper, discuss the following:
- The results of all three body composition labs. Compare your results to others in your cohort.
- Goals relevant to your results
- How Part I compares with Part II
- Whether your caloric intake is preventing you from reaching your weight (loss/gain/maintenance) goals
- Where you could make changes
- The consequences of obesity and the role of diet and exercise in the promotion of good health
- Your flexibility results
- The effects of obesity on flexibility and low back pain
Your written work should be highly developed and include a sustained viewpoint and purpose.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description above carefully;
- consult the grading rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics;
- be double spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman font; and
- use APA 6th edition formatting and citation style.
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Documents to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written assignments.
Healthline.com. (2017). Waist to hip ratio. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/waist-to-hip-ratio
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. (n.d.). Calculate your body mass index. Retrieved from https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Shapefit.com. (2018). Waist to height ratio calculator. Retrieved from https://www.shapefit.com/calculators/waist-to-height-ratio-calculator.html
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document and submit it to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.