Research Paper – Submission Instructions
Write the Research Paper using the Topic and Proposal you submitted. Your paper must have a thesis statement, which is an attempt to prove a point (this is not a survey of material). Your paper must be thoroughly documented and not contain your opinion, except in the Conclusion section.
Your Research Paper must include 7 sections:
- Title Page
- Thesis Statement
- Table of Contents
- Bibliography (including at least 12 sources, not counting the Bible or the course textbooks)
The format guidelines for this paper are as follows:
- Footnotes are to be used to document research in the body of your paper (no in-text citations or endnotes). This paper must have a minimum of 20–25 footnotes.
- The body of the paper (Introduction to Conclusion) must be a minimum of 12 full pages and not exceed 15 pages.
- The completed paper must encompass all 7 sections above and be written in proper Turabian format (See the “LBTS Writing Guide” at http://www.liberty.edu/seminary/ index.cfm?PID=28160 for preferred Seminary Turabian standards).
- Text must be double-spaced and written in 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Use a recent version of Microsoft Word in which to write your paper.
- Misspellings, grammatical errors, poor syntax, excessive use of first person point of view, or failure to comply with all structural/content criteria will count against your grade.
Your completed Research Paper must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.
See the Research Paper Submission Grading Rubric and note how your paper will be graded.